Monday, May 12, 2008

Post 5: It's in his kiss

originally created as column five, September, 2000


I have heard that some prostitutes do not kiss on the mouth, because this implies an emotional attachment. They will have intercourse, give blow jobs, hand jobs, play psychologist and undergo all sorts of female-male acts, but they do not kiss on the mouth.

So you can imagine my devastation when a very cuddly man, divorced with twins, intelligent, charming and not bad looking would not kiss me on the mouth, and still doesn’t kiss any woman he sleeps with. He is still traumatized by his divorce and it will take some type of therapy, or he will simply snap out of it. He gave his soul to his ex-wife and just doesn’t feel that he can give anymore of himself. So he will hug, cuddle, fondle, give massages, but he will not kiss. You would think that I would be tired of that right away, but I stayed with him because it was a really cold winter and I wanted the male warmth and understanding. No one bought me an electric blanket and my quilts kept falling off the bed, but there’s nothing like a hug. So I was hugful and kissless. When I finally got the kiss I waited for from someone else I felt like some teenager. It was on a second date, months later, and it was in his car. He held my face when he kissed me and I didn’t see fireworks, but I felt like a virgin and teenager again (yes these days virginal doesn’t necessarily go with teenager) but I felt like one.... and now I am simply addicted to kissing. I don’t miss hugs so much or orgasms (I can do that by myself anyway) but a good kiss...not a sloppy one or particularly wet one, but a gentle well meaning warm and romantic kiss, and when I hear Cher’s song “It’s in His Kiss, That’s where it is”, I understand.


This writer holds no resemblance to Cher or she would not have time or need to write this column.

No comments: