Friday, April 25, 2008

Why I started this blogWelcome to my first posting of my blog "No Sex in the City" written by me under my pen-name, Gilit Frank.

Here's an interview with myself (idea courtesy of Lynne Reid Banks, one of my favorite authors):

Me: Why did you start this blog?
Myself: My son, now 14 years old, kept insisting

Me: What do you blog about?

Myself: I don't really have to blog about anything, as I have seven years of material, started in 2000 to use, so I'm going to start posting this material one at a time.

Me: What's it about and who cares?
Myself: In the year 2000, I was writing very lengthy emails to friends about my dating life and parenting issues. One of them said ' you are wasting these stories on me.Why don't you start publishing them?

Me: So did they get published?
Myself: No, I didn't succeed in finding the right readership. And then I heard about blogs. So I just opened one up.

Me: But you still didn't say what you're writing about.
Myself: Yes, I tend to ramble. I write about life as a mother with a divorced child, and my dating life and lack of a sex life, at the time. I started writing when my son was 6, so keep that in mind as you read.

Me: Why do you call it "No Sex in the City?"
Myself: Inspired by the t.v. program, “Sex and the City”, I decided to write a column called “No sex in the city” featuring my friends and yours truly and their aspiration to have sex with perhaps a bit of love, or caring, or at least knowing their partners’ last names in Tel Aviv. At times they actually succeed, but until then, there is a lot of talk, hopes, dreams, and sometimes a bit of reality.Tel Aviv isn’t New York and yet in Achbar Ha’ir (entertainment supplement of the influential Hebrew daily “Ha’aretz”), there was a weekly column called “Sex in the City”. Now I can’t write in Hebrew, so I thought I would like to write a column entitled “No Sex in the City”.This blog does not intend to be scientific or accurate, but is simply a collection of anecdotes, based on true stories about sex and dating in the center of Israel.

Me: Thank you for taking the time to talk to me.
Myself: My pleasure, it's good to talk to me sometimes.

No comments: