Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post 42: Eerie Era

I just finished seven years of writing. That's right (write?) Originally I wrote almost 41 posts before the era of blogs and when I decided to open a blog, I had material ready to post every few days. It took approximately six months to post these stories, and it was fun, albeit painful at times, to review each post in retrospect.

Now I will be creating new material. I don't know whether to pick up where I left off, or tell the story of what is happening to me now and then go back in time.

For the present, let me just thank my friends and family who have been following this blog and encourage them to share it with others. Just because I don't write under my real name, doesn't mean I don't want to be read.

Given the emotional state that I'm in right now, I can't guarantee the new material to be as witty or as fresh as past posts, but I can hope to offer my brand of cynicism with a little bit of cautious optimism thrown in for fun.....

This writer is shifting gears in this eerie era.

5 comments:

Robin said...

You'll be great Gilit. I'm a big fan of eclecticism, so I say abandon themes and just write from wherever your heart (and keyboard) lead.

Gilit Frank said...

Thanks Robin - the next few posts will be a bit about the story of the boyfriend I met in 2005, but I might leave it according to my mood!

Sascha said...

hi, my name is sascha and i chanced upon ur blog quite by chance. but after reading it, initially cause i was amused by the blog title, i think you are a fabulous writer and specially the third person ending at the end of each post. i would really like to tag your blogsite on my facebook and other sites cause i think that in these times and age of crap blogs your blog surely stands out as humorous and surely intelligent.
p.s. obviously shall wait for your approval before i tag ur blog on my sites

Gilit Frank said...

Hi Sashca,

Thanks - wow, I'm blushing. I would be thrilled to be tagged - please send me the backlink. I have been looking for ways to promote this blog without divulging my real identity, so I'm open to suggestions. Please also send me your facebook details so I can add you as a friend under my real name

Gilit

Sascha said...

fb details : sashabose71, catch u on my friends list soon