Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Wonder Woman Alarm Clock

The Wonder Woman Alarm Clock


Following is my submission to Scribbit's July Write-away contest.

I was uninspired. With all those amazing women out there writing about their abilities to juggle family, work, and themselves, how could I possibly come up with an original idea? We all know there is nothing really new under the sun, and it's not what you say but how you say it.and in some cases, it doesn't matter what is said, but who says it.

When I'm at work, I think about home. When I'm home, I think about work.

I'm supposed to meet a deadline regarding an important press release when I realize that the deadline for the Scribbit "Write-away" contest is July 16th? How did that creep up so quickly? Now what's more important, the Scribbit contest, while I might get readers to look at my blog of postings written BB (before blogs)eight years ago, or meeting the deadline for a company that actually pays my salary? Either it's the summer heat,onset of adult ADD or something else, but my mind is wandering all over the place - Wander as opposed to Wonder Woman?

I really thought I lost all my marbles this morning when my bed started to shake at 6:35 am and I went back to sleep, convinced that I was having a bad dream.

When I did wake up later (at 8:00 am), I heard on the news that there had been an earthquake in near the Greek Island of Rhodes that measured 6.8 on the Richter scale and was felt in Israel at 6:35 a.m., mainly in the northern and central parts of the country.

This writer lives in the central part of Israel! She isn't Wonder Woman. She may be Wander Woman. But what is true, she did find the most powerful alarm clock in the world this morning!



3 comments:

Scribbit said...

It's a sign :)

Robin said...

I slept right through the earthquake LOL.

I have the same problems, but worse because I work from home with no one looking over my shoulder - it's ALWAYS more tempting to blog!

Unknown said...

Wander Woman...love it...we all feel like that a lot, don't we?